Support Local Business in Methuen MA
Methuen MA Local Business
Support Local Methuen Area Businesses
When you purchase at locally owned businesses rather than nationally owned, more money is kept in the community because locally-owned businesses often purchase from other local businesses. Buying local helps grow other businesses as well as the Merrimack Valley tax base. Put your taxes to good use, local businesses in the Methuen area require comparatively little infrastructure investments, add more to our tax base and make more efficient use of public services.
There are many other good reasons to support local Methuen area businesses:
- Better Customer Service. Local businesses often hire people with more specific product expertise and they invest in their employees for better customer service.
- Most New Jobs Are Provided By Local Businesses. Small local businesses are the largest employers nationally.
- A thriving local business community attracts entrepeneurs and skilled workers.
- Non Profits often receive greater support from local business owners, more than they do from non-locally owned businesses.
- Environmental Impact Is Reduced. Local businesses make more local purchases requiring less transportation and usually set up shop in town centers rather than on the fringe. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss, resource depletion and pollution.
- Local Business Owners Invest In Our Community. Local businesses are owned by people who: Live in this community; are less likely to leave; and are more invested in the community’s future.
- Competition And Diversity Leads To More Consumer Choices. A marketplace of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.